Monday, March 14, 2016

Helmets On Bikes, Climbing A Telephone Pole, Service, Hood Basketball and RAIN! Weston Poulson 3/14/2016

Well, as my subject line reads.. WE GOT BIKES! The english Elders in Milwaukee live right down the street from us and they have like ten bikes. So we took two! With our bus passes and bikes we are weirdly fast getting around town! It's so nice! Could use a better seat... THAT'S FOR SURE! Now, before you look at this next picture... yes I was riding when I took this picture and I KNOW! my head is huge!! haha I barely squoze my old melon in that little helmet! and I look like a dork but whatever, I own it!:)

Then it rained a ton yesterday, that made things really fun on bikes! Especially when your brakes are sub par when it's sunny out, when they are wet? well, they don't work!:) Found that out crossing a big street at the bottom of a hill! about got clapped by about 3 cars on my way through! I made it though! I was shaking pretty good when we knocked the guys door though!
Also, we were walking down a street when I saw a pole with rebar sticking out of it. Figured that meant I was supposed to climb it, right? Well I did! As I'm up there I hear this drunk white guy come out of the corner liquor store (which are on every corner, I swear!) and said some choice words to me! "Get off the pole you stinkin' monkey!" Hah idk why he felt so but I didn't care to find out! This mono hopped on down!
Sorry it tilted:/ That's why we have necks though!;)
Then we did a service project! A lady in our branch had us come trim one of her trees down! Elder Neves did this type of work all summer before he left on his mission! so naturally he hopped on up there and did it all! Hah we helped obviously but.. there was a little bit of this!
​Just kidding! I was the rope man! Wasn't bad. Then he made me try to climb the tree up there with him and well, I'll stick to the telephone poles! hah just about made a tumble on the other side of the fence! Our branch member sure did think it was funny.. Hah it was though! So I just stood on the shed roof! 
Elder Neves is a monkey for real! he was scaring the crap out of Brother Campbell! haha
I pretended to throw it on Elder Reina, his reaction was funny as you can tell
That service project was a ton of fun! I'll send more pictures from this week in another email, I can only fit 4! but it was a great week. Things have been fairly slow as far as getting our investigators to progress and come to church! Something I'm really trying to work on! But, it is what it is! 
Also the new easter video "Hallelujah" is out! here's the link to it so you can all watch it! its pretty good!

Go check out my brother in HONDURAS!      http://tracking2brothers.blogspot.com/
Love you all! Have a great week! 
Elder Weston Poulson

As far as our investigators go and who we are excited about: Salvador Rivas, he's pretty cool and we were able to give him a baptismal date this week! The issue he has right now is that his church is at the same time! So we are just working with him on that! President Cutler wants us to find the bishop when this branch becomes a ward! So  that's what we are hunting for! 
If you zoom in, you can see the ballers! haha we hooped a little with them, it was fun and awesome! The court was like on a slant so that was interesting! They did not expect me and Elder Neves to do too much! hah we put em on skates!!!
Some cool graffiti I found under a railroad




No comments:

Post a Comment